Charges against Charlotte Hornets’ Miles Bridges for domestic violence, child abuse

Charges against Charlotte Hornets’ Miles Bridges for domestic violence, child abuse

Charlotte Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges has been formally charged with domestic violence and child abuse stemming from an alleged assault that occurred last month in Los Angeles, the LA County District Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday.

Bridges, 24, was arrested June 29 for “intimate partner violence with injury,” according to the LAPD, after an incident two days earlier in West Los Angeles. He was convicted of a crime of domestic violence and released on $ 130,000.

According to the criminal indictment, Bridges allegedly assaulted her boyfriend in front of the couple’s two children. He faces one crime for injuring a child’s parent and two crimes for child abuse in circumstances or circumstances that could lead to serious bodily injury or death, the district attorney’s office said in its release. According to the DA’s release, the case includes “an allegation of having caused great bodily harm to the victim of domestic violence”.

“Domestic violence creates physical, mental, and emotional trauma that has a lasting impact on survivors,” LA District Attorney George Gascón said in a statement. “Children who witness domestic violence are particularly vulnerable and the impact on them is immense. Mr Bridges will be held accountable for his actions and our Bureau of Victim Services will support the survivors through this difficult process.”

Bridges’ trial is scheduled for Wednesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

Mychelle Johnson, the mother of Bridge’s two children, posted several photos on Instagram in the wake of his arrest for what appeared to be injuries and a medical report that read “adult victim of physical abuse of male partner; abuse by strangulation, concussion; Closed fracture of the nasal bone; Contusion of the ribs; Several bruises; Stretching of the neck muscles. “

She did not name Bridges, but wrote on Instagram: “I hate that this has happened, but I can not be quiet anymore. I have let someone destroy my home, abuse me in every possible way and traumatize our child for life. I have nothing to prove to the world, but I will not allow anyone who can do something so terrible, not have remorse and paint a picture of something I am not. I will not allow the people around him to keep quiet and continue to lie to protect that person. “

The LAPD said at the time of Bridges’ arrest that they did not release police reports of arrests of domestic violence. The case is still under investigation by the West Los Angeles Branch of the LAPD.

Bridges at 6 feet and 7 and 225 pounds was the Hornets’ leading goal scorer last season, averaging 20.2 points and seven rebounds in his fourth NBA season. The Hornets had given Bridges a qualifying bid before his arrest, giving them a chance to match any bid sheet made by another team.

The Hornets issued a statement after Bridges was arrested indicating that they were looking into the situation, and an NBA spokesman said the league was “in the process of gathering more information”.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.